The fire broke out on the top floor of the house which is made of wood. The house is located on the western side of New Checkon road adjacent to Khadims shoe store.
Eyewitnesses informed that the house was evacuated at the beginning of the clash and had remained locked since then. Panic gripped people residing in the area as they feared the fire might spread to nearby houses.
However, a team of Manipur Fire Service came and extinguished it but not before another two fire bousers were brought in, finally dousing the fire at around 6 pm.
Later, an electrician along with the fire tenders, checked the spot and reported that the fire might have started due to a short circuit as there were old electric wire fittings.
The fire damaged major part of the top floor, but no casualty was reported.