Updated 20 Jun 2022, 3:42 pm
As many as seven shops and a house at Maremai village located near 9-MR Taphou in Senapati district were gutted in a fire that broke out late Sunday, sources said.
According to the Senapati Fire Service station, they were alerted of the fire at around 9.15 pm on Sunday. Three fire tenders were immediately sent in and attempts were made to extinguish the flames. Another fire tender from Kangpokpi district also arrived and extended assistance, they said.
The work to douse the fire ended at 12 midnight, they said, adding that the fire was believed to have been caused by a gas leak from a ‘Tea and Snacks’ hotel owned by one Ganesh kumar Kharel.
Two scooters (Kinetic Honda), four gas cylinders and several other items in the shop along with furniture of the houses were all burnt to cinders, the police said.
A complete list of all the properties damaged by the fire will be submitted to the fire station by the respective owners on Tuesday, they added.
First published:20 Jun 2022, 3:32 pm