A fire broke out at one shop in Paona International Market at around 6.50 pm on Wednesday; however, no other adjacent shops were damaged due to quick response from Manipur Fire Service.
Manipur: Shop gutted in fire
Properties worth around Rs 8 lakh were damaged by the fire.
Updated 2 Jun 2022, 6:14 pm
Shop number CF7, which caught fire is owned by one Mongjam Tejmani, 46, son of M Thoiba of Heinoupok under Patsoi police station.
Tejmani told the media that he sold women's garments, including shoes. It is suspected that the incident occurred from an electric short circuit after he shut down his shop.
He said that the fire was extinguished without further damaging the adjacent shops, with immediate response from Manipur Fire Services. Properties worth around Rs 8 lakh were damaged by the fire, he added.
First published:2 Jun 2022, 6:14 pm