Manipur: Shop gutted in fire

Properties worth around Rs 8 lakh were damaged by the fire.

ByIFP Bureau

Updated 2 Jun 2022, 6:14 pm

(PHOTO: IFP)
(PHOTO: IFP)

A fire broke out at one shop in Paona International Market at around 6.50 pm on Wednesday; however, no other adjacent shops were damaged due to quick response from Manipur Fire Service.

Advertisement

Shop number CF7, which caught fire is owned by one Mongjam Tejmani, 46, son of M Thoiba of Heinoupok under Patsoi police station.

Tejmani told the media that he sold women's garments, including shoes. It is suspected that the incident occurred from an electric short circuit after he shut down his shop.

Advertisement

He said that the fire was extinguished without further damaging the adjacent shops, with immediate response from Manipur Fire Services. Properties worth around Rs 8 lakh were damaged by the fire, he added. 

Advertisement

First published:2 Jun 2022, 6:14 pm

Tags:

firePaona International Marketshop gutted

IFP Bureau

IFP Bureau

IMPHAL, Manipur

Advertisement

Top Stories

Loading data...
Advertisement

IFP Exclusive

Loading data...
Advertisement

Feedback

Have a complaint, a suggestion or just some feedback about our content? Please write to onlineifp@gmail.com and we’ll do our best to address it.