In an unfortunate incident, a man was killed while two individuals, including a woman, sustained injuries after a shop caught fire at Thoubal district on Tuesday.
According to sources, the fire broke out at a shop selling petrol and groceries at Wangjing Tekcham leikai under Thoubal police station in Thoubal district around 5 pm. The shopkeeper was killed in the fire.
The deceased has been identified as Tekcham Sanahal, 52, son of late Naran Singh. While, the two injured individuals were identified as Sanahal’s wife, Bino and Tekcham Selungba, 44, son of Kullachandra.
Upon hearing the incident, Bino and Selungba reportedly attempted to douse the fire during which they sustained the injuries.
Sources said that Sanahal unexpectedly caught fire while he was pouring petrol into another container. He sustained severe burn injuries and was immediately rushed to Thoubal district hospital. However, the doctors declared he was brought dead.
Meanwhile, Bino and Selungba have been discharged from the hospital after receiving necessary treatments.