Northeast

House near border gate in Moreh burnt to cinders

Personnel of the Moreh fire service and 5 AR prevented the fire that razed a house near India-Myanmar border gate from spreading further.

ByMoreh Correspondent

Updated 8 Oct 2022, 2:23 pm

(Photo: IFP)
(Photo: IFP)

A house located near India-Myanmar border crossing Gate No 1 in Moreh was reduced to cinders by a fire that was suspected to have started by a burning candle around 5.45 pm on Friday.   

On receiving alert, fire-fighters from Moreh fire substation led by substation officer Ch Rishikanta along with personnel of 5 Assam rifles rushed to the spot and doused the fire.

The house belonged to one Lunkhomang Haokip, who hailed from New Leikot village, Tengnoupal district Manipur. Lunkhomang was not at home at the time of the incident. Only his children were present when the house caught fire. However, no casualties were reported.  

Advertisement

The cause of the fire is suspected to be a burning candle as there was no electricity during the time of incident. The damages caused by the incident are yet to be estimated.

Also Read:

Union minister RK Ranjan pitches for geo-tourism in Manipur

Advertisement

NEC Meet 2022: Centre working relentlessly for peace, better connectivity in Northeast India, says DoNER minister

Rs 600 crore revenue: A dream

Advertisement

First published:

Tags:

morehfireindia-myanmar border

Moreh Correspondent

Moreh Correspondent

MOREH district, Manipur

Advertisement

Top Stories

Loading data...
Advertisement

IFP Exclusive

Loading data...
Advertisement

Feedback

Have a complaint, a suggestion or just some feedback about our content? Please write to onlineifp@gmail.com and we’ll do our best to address it.