As many as four houses were gutted in a fire which broke out at Tuibong, Churachandpur around 12.30 pm on Tuesday. No casualties were reported.
An electric short circuit at a rented house is suspected to have caused the fire. The rented house occupied by tenants is owned by one Ingocha and David Suondinglien.
An estimated cost of Rs 1 crore was damaged by the fire.
A fire brigade team rushed to the spot but the congested road gave obstacles as the incident happened near the busy Tiddim Road of Churachandpur where the traffic remains busy and moves slowly at peak hours.
Churachandpur SP Shrivanand Surve personally visited the incident and took stock of the situation for further investigation, while the Eagle Club of Churachandpur provided help to the victims of the fire.