A fire broke out at a rented room located near Hrangchal Gas Agency, Old Lambulane, Imphal West near Tamphasana Higher Secondary School on Monday. There were no casualties.
As per sources, the fire is suspected to have been caused by an electric short circuit and it broke out at around 1.15 pm. The tenant of the room is identified as one Md Barik, 50, from Keibung.
The room is located at the top floor of a rented house which belongs to one Athem Hangsa from Old Lambulane, Imphal.
As per eyewitness accounts, they heard a blast occurring twice and suspect that a cooking gas cylinder may have exploded during the fire.
Most of the belongings inside the rented room were burnt to ashes; however, with the timely response from the Manipur Fire Service, further damage was prevented from taking place at the adjacent buildings.
The fire service were able to put off the fire completely around 2 pm.