A fire broke out at Tokpaching High School, the only aided high school in Tokpaching, Kakching District on Monday night at around 11.
According to sources, people of the area tried to douse the fire as soon as they saw it but three rooms were completely burnt when they reached the school. The headmaster’s room, computer room and the kitchen of the school were completely burnt and the fire already started reaching the other rooms, said the villagers.
The villagers used water pumps to put out the fire and saved the remaining rooms of the school. The fire destroyed the books kept to be distributed to the students, 10 computer sets, one generator, two sintex, four almirahs and important documents of the school were also burnt.
Secretary of the school management committee, Salam Neta, said that the school’s new session started only recently. He expressed suspicion of unknown miscreants setting ablaze the school as there is no electric line in the school.
Neta appealed to the relevant authorities of the government to look into the matter at the earliest.