In continuation of the ongoing relay hunger strike of the All Manipur Health Services Doctor’s Association (AMHSDA), doctors of the office of the Chief Medical Officer, Porompat, Imphal East also organised a relay hunger strike on Saturday at its office campus.
Speaking to media on the sideline of the protest, CMO, Porompat, Imphal East, Dr Lourembam Indira said the protest was organised in support of the ongoing relay hunger strike which was launched on October 26 under the umbrella of AMHSDA, CMO, Imphal East.
The association has raised eight points charter of demands, including the following:
1. A time-bound promotion (at least 3-4 promotions) in the service career;
2. Increase in the age of superannuation from 62 years to 65 years for all medical health service doctors- Specialists and non-Specialists alike, and in line with the Doctors of JNIMS and many other states in the country;
3. Creation of Director General post for directorates of Health Services, Family Welfare Services, Public Health, and Medical Education;
4. Including of Non-Practicing Allowance (NPA) in basic fixation w.e.f. 01-01-2016 as per the 7th Central Pay Commission and implementation of the 7th Central Pay Commission;
5. Abide strictly on the Transfer and Posting Policy of Health Services 2017;
6. Any MHS doctors to be made eligible to occupy the highest post by virtue of seniority;
7. Implementation of proposed MHS Rules 2020 and Amendments,
8. To make rural postings compulsory and provision of risks and difficult area postings allowances.
The CMO appealed to the state government to fulfil the demand immediately to enable the doctors to serve society effectively.