National Youth Conclave, India’s biggest youth summit, will be held on March 13 and 14 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
Organised by the Smart Cities Mission, MoHUA, Department of Youth Affairs and National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA), the two-day conclave will bring together young minds to deliberate on the U20 and Y20 priority areas and foster bright leaders of tomorrow.
The event is organised under the aegis of India’s G20 presidency in 2023, and aligning with the Urban20 and Youth20 engagement groups, Union Housing and Urban Affairs said in a statement.
The event will see youth from all over the country, national leaders, experts, students researchers and innovators come together to discuss some of the pressing concerns and learn from each other on how to make cities and communities a better place to live and thrive, it stated.
Some of the key events in the conclave includes:
1. Release – SAAR Compendium 1.0
15 premier colleges of the country have documented 75+ case studies of innovative urban projects under the SAAR programme (Smart Cities & Academic towards Action Research)
2. Other releases – The event will also be a ground for the launch of compendiums of articles, case studies and information by Prajatantra, Indian Smart Cities Fellow Programme (ISCFP), National Urban Digital Mission (NUDM), The Urban Learning Internship Programme (TULIP) and National Urban Learning Platform (NULP).
3. Launch – SAAR Compendium 2.0
Every Smart city is being encouraged to tie-up with at least one academic/ research institution and prepare at least 3 case studies of implemented projects. These will become reference document for replication of innovative urban initiatives.
4. Exhibition – Two exhibitions on innovative urban projects under by SAAR and NMCG (National Mission for Clean Ganga) Smart solution exhibition would be set up for the 2 days at the event venue.
5. Plenary sessions – Discussions on themes for climate change resilience, governance and planning frameworks catalysing skills and innovation for better urban futures will take place.