In view of the recent surge in the number of cases of Influenza A (H3N2) in many parts of the country, the Manipur Health Directorate has issued and for influenza A (H3N2).
Check out the Do's and Don'ts to avoid H3N2 infection:
- Wash hands with soap and water regularly
- Cover your nose and mouth with disposable tissue of handkerchief while coughing or sneezing
- Drink plenty of water/liquids and eat nutritious food. Keep distance of one arm;s length from persons sick with flu,
- Avoid crowded places
- Take adequate sleep and rest
- Spit in public places
- Touch eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Take antibiotics or other medicines without consulting a doctor
- Hug, kiss or shake hands while greeting
- Touch contaminated surfaces
- Excessive physical exercise
Further, Health Services director Dr KH Sasheekumar Mangang has also advised all CMOs. MSs of Public and Private Hospitals and DSOs to report cases of ILI/SARI to the SE/SSO, NHM, Manipur.
India has so far reported seven H3N2 deaths while as many as 5,451 cases have been recorded in the country from January 1 to March 5, according to data shared by the Union Health Ministry on Friday.