Updated on 8 Feb 2021, 3:46 am
All voters can now download their digital voter ID cards if their mobile number is linked with the Election Commission of India (ECI).
The ECI had launched the Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card (e-EPIC) for the first time in India on January 25, the National Voter’s Day. And for the first time, the voter ID cards can now be downloaded on mobile phones, computers or any other digital devices which support PDF files.
According to reports, in the first phase (January 25-31) of the rollout of the electronic version, only new registered voters were allowed to download their e-EPIC after authentication of their mobile number. While the e-EPIC download was made available to all from February 1.
The electronic version of the voters' photo identity card will be available in the PDF format and cannot be edited. Voter can self-print and laminate it whenever required. The e-EPIC can also be stored in digital lockers.
How to download the e-voter card:
- Go to voterportal.eci.gov.in.
- Create an account by entering the required details. Alternatively, it can also be downloaded from the National Voters Services Portal's official website - nvsp.in
- Log in and go to the menu which says, "Download e-EPIC"
- Enter your EPIC number or form reference number. A one-time password (OTP) will sent to your registered mobile number.
- Click on "Download EPIC." Make sure that you complete your Know Your Customer (KYC) exercise to download the e-EPIC. Your mobile number must be updated, in case it has changed.
- Once, you have competed the KYC process, you can download your digital voter ID card.
- The digital voter ID card can also be generated from the voter mobile app, which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.