A fire broke out in a carpentry house located at Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai under Thoubal Police Station in the intervening night of Saturday and Sunday, gutting furniture items worth around Rs 5 lakh.
Fire breaks out in carpentry house, furniture worth Rs 5 lakh burned in Thoubal
Family members of Premkumar told this IFP correspondent that the cause of fire must be due to electrical short-circuit.
Updated 19 Oct 2020, 2:15 am
The owner, Takhellambam Premkumar, son of (Late) Ibobi of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, has opened the carpentry house at his residence’s courtyard.
The reportedly came to light at around 12 midnight when a local saw the fire burning at the carpentry house. As soon as the news of the fire was learnt, neighbours along with nearby locals rushed to the spot to extinguish the fire. Meanwhile, two fire tender vehicles of Thoubal Fire Service reached the spot and the blaze was totally extinguished at around 1:30 am.
Family members of Premkumar told this IFP correspondent that the cause of fire must be due to electrical short-circuit. They also said that furniture items worth around Rs 5 lakh have been burnt to ashes.
First published:18 Oct 2020, 5:23 pm
THOUBAL district, Manipur