Four-year-old dies after being stung by bees in Churachandpur
The boy was stung by more than 50 bees at Sinzawl village of Thanlon sub division in Churachandpur district on Saturday.

ByChurachandpur Correspondent

Updated on 17 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

(Representational Image: Unsplash)

(Representational Image: Unsplash)

A four-year-old boy died after being stung by more than 50 bees at Sinzawl village of Thanlon sub division in Churachandpur district on Saturday.  

The boy was accompanied by his elder cousin sister when the incident took place. She survived with minor bruises.

Sources from Sinzawl said that the incident happened when the two were gathering fruits at a garden. He stepped into the earthen hive of the bees, which they described as wild and is built underground, leading to the incident.

The boy, Sangmuanding son of Thonglianthang was studying in preparatory class at Singzol Convention School. Being a holiday, they had ventured into the garden to gather fruits. He was buried on Sunday at Sinzawl Cemetery of the village which is located at a distance of about 150 km from Churachandpur town.

 

First published:17 Oct 2021, 3:59 pm

Tags:

Churachandpur Correspondent

Churachandpur Correspondent

Churachandpur district, Manipur

Top Stories

Loading data...

Exclusive

Loading data...

Feedback

Have a complaint, a suggestion or just some feedback about our content? Please write to onlineifp@gmail.com and we’ll do our best to address it.