The first-ever Booktoux Film Festival, which was scheduled on December 5-12, 2022, has been postponed to January 3-10, 2023, Booktoux director Ksh Romeo said in Imphal Monday.
"The film festival has been postponed to January 3, 2023 due to requests from participants and for organising the festival for the entire Northeast states," the director told mediapersons in Imphal.
It is the first time that Booktoux is organising a film festival and the festival will be organised every year, Romeo said.
Booktoux Short Film Contest
And as a part of the Booktoux film festival, a short film competition with a time duration of five-eight minutes will be held, Romeo said.
How to enter the Booktoux Short Film Contest
1. Competitors may use mobile or camera for filmmaking.
2. The short film should be shot within seven days.
3. Registrations for the contest will start from January 2, 2023.
4. The film can be made in groups or by individuals.
The theme for the shor film contest will be revealed a day before the film festival begins, Romeo said.
Awards and Prizes
1. The best film will be awarded Rs 50,000.
2. Best director, best cinematography and best script writer will be awarded Rs 20,000 each.
3. Consolation prizes for selected seven film makers
4. Special Jury’s Choice Award.
Booktoux is organising the film festival to provide a platform to filmmakers who are facing financial constraints in making films, he added.