MLA Kh Joykisan on Tuesday appealed to the CSO leaders, political leaders and the public to prioritise saving Manipur instead of saving some particular communities.
Joykisan was speaking to the media on Tuesday during his visit to mediapersons who were allegedly assaulted by the 16 Jat regiment personnel while covering a communal clash incident at Chassad Avenue, New Checkon in Imphal East on Monday.
Joykisan said that among the total population of the state, 95 per cent might not encourage the ethnic communal clash. He said, maybe the remaining 5 per cent instigated the public to continue the communal clash. People should defend themselves from such instigation and prioritize bringing normalcy to Manipur, he said.
During an unfortunate incident on Monday, three mediapersons were assaulted while covering the clash in the heart of Imphal city. He said that he will press the chief minister and security advisor to the Manipur government, Kuldiep Singh, to ensure that such similar incidents are not repeated in the future.
He said the media has been playing a big role in shaping the society and appealed to them to publish only news that would not harm the sentiment of a particular community.
Joykisan said ethnic communal clashes will not bring any solution but cooperation will bring peace in Manipur and all the leaders should have the quality to console the public while bringing peace.
The MLA visited editor of Impact TV, Raj Nongthombam, who has been undergoing treatment at Shija Hospital, Langol. Raj has been admitted to Shija Hospital for some personal health issues. The MLA also visited two scribes who were assaulted in the Monday incident.
Also Read: Manipur Unrest: Central forces assault three mediapersons in Imphal