Northeast

Man dies of electrocution in Imphal East

The deceased Oinam Sanathoi, 30, hailed from Phougakchao under Bishnupur district, Manipur.

ByIFP Bureau

Updated 17 Apr 2021, 4:04 am

Read Imphal Free Press daily
Read Imphal Free Press daily

A bus handyman died of electrocution after coming into contact with a suspended wire while trying to park a bus near Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Imphal East at around 8.30 am Friday.

The deceased Oinam Sanathoi, 30, hailed from Phougakchao under Bishnupur district.

Advertisement

After receiving information of the incident, officials from the Electricity department arrived at the spot and cut the wire suspended from an electric pole.

Eyewitnesses said the ill-fated incident occurred when the victim was trying to park the bus. The victim suffered serious burn injuries and was admitted to JNIMS without any delay. However, he succumbed to his injuries.  

Advertisement

Meanwhile, the deceased family strongly condemned the Electricity department and resolved not to collect the mortal remains until the authority concerned compensate for the loss. They charged that the victim lost his life due to the negligence of the department.

 

Advertisement

First published:16 Apr 2021, 4:08 pm

Tags:

bishnupurImphal eastOinam Sanathoielectrocution

IFP Bureau

IFP Bureau

IMPHAL, Manipur

Advertisement

Top Stories

Loading data...
Advertisement

IFP Exclusive

Loading data...
Advertisement

Feedback

Have a complaint, a suggestion or just some feedback about our content? Please write to onlineifp@gmail.com and we’ll do our best to address it.