A photo processing studio at Governor Road, Paona Bazaar, Imphal caught fire around 10.30 pm on Tuesday.
Police said that the fire, which broke out at Sandy Infosys, was suspected to have been caused by an electric short circuit.
Teams of Manipur Fire Service rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire; however, some computer sets on the ground floor were damaged, police said.
The studio belonged to one A Saratchandra Sharma of Sagolband. The extent of the damage by the fire is yet to be ascertained.