Northeast

House, grocery store burnt to ashes, owner in critical condition

A fire outbreak caused by a cooking gas cylinder explosion explosion injured the owner, Bogi mayum Muhammad Rahmatullah and his son at Lilong Lou-Manga in Thoubal district on Sunday.

ByThoubal Correspondent

Updated 8 May 2022, 5:05 pm

(Photo: IFP)
(Photo: IFP)

A fire completely burnt down a wooden house and a grocery store at Lilong Lou-Manga in Thoubal district at around 4.30 pm on Sunday, sources said.  

Advertisement

The house is owned by one Muhammad Rahmatullah who is in a critical condition and being treated at RIMS hospital. Properties worth more than Rs 10 lakh were destroyed by the fire, the sources said.  

According to the sources, a cooking gas cylinder kept in the kitchen of the house exploded and caused the fire. The explosion injured the owner, Bogi mayum Muhammad Rahmatullah and his son. Both of them were admitted in Noor Hospital in Lilong and further referred to RIMS Hospital as Rahmatullah’s condition was critical.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

First published:8 May 2022, 5:05 pm

Tags:

thoubalfireinjuredgrocery store

Thoubal Correspondent

Thoubal Correspondent

THOUBAL district, Manipur

Advertisement

Top Stories

Loading data...
Advertisement

IFP Exclusive

Loading data...
Advertisement

Feedback

Have a complaint, a suggestion or just some feedback about our content? Please write to onlineifp@gmail.com and we’ll do our best to address it.