The Judicial Magistrate 1st Class, Kangpokpi on Thursday rejected the bail plea of Th Sonia, girlfriend of Ak Nonganba, who was arrested in connection with the mysterious murder case of her late boyfriend.
Th Sonia, 40, daughter of Th Shantikumar of Kwakeithel Thokchom Leikai, Imphal West was produced before the court by the IO of the case with a prayer to remand her to judicial custody for further investigation of the case.
The court heard the bail application filed by Sonia and rejected stating that the investigation of the case is in its initial stage. The court remanded her in further judicial custody.
As the deceased was suspected to have succumbed to his grievous injuries after being brutally attacked with hard objects by some unknown persons, the Kangpokpi police station registered a suo-moto case.
As per the investigation report, Sonia accompanied Nonganba on February 11 to have lunch at Senapati as invited by Stephen Dangmei, (another accused of the case who is at large).
It may be mentioned that the court fixed March 14 for bail consideration. During the bail hearing, the bail objection was filed by the IO of the case.
1.'Girlfriend' of Ak Nonganba greeted with stones and water bottles by irate mob
2. Women groups demand justice for late Ak Nonganba; threaten stir
3. Ak Nonganba Death Case: NSCN (I-M) member jailed
4. Ak Nonganba JAC holds protest rally in Kangpokpi
5. Nonganba Death Case: Manipur CM Biren assures to book culprits
6. Ak Nonganba Death Case: Demand raised to disclose arrested person’s statement