Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday virtually distributed over 71,000 appointment letters to newly inducted recruits under the Rozgar Mela in more than 45 cities in India in an effort to boost youth empowerment through employment generation.
Physical copies of the appointment letters to the new appointees will be handed over at 45 locations across the country (except Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh), official sources said.
“The Rozgar Mela of today is proof that the central government is working in mission mode to provide employment opportunities to the youth of the country… Several Union Territories and states will keep on organising such Rozgar Melas from time to time to empower the youth of India,” Modi said.
The appointment letters are for the youth in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar, Lakshadweep, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Chandigarh by the respective governments.
Goa and Tripura are also organising similar Rozgar Mela, which was launched a month ago, in a few days' time, Modi said.
As youth is the biggest strength of the nation, the Central government is according the highest priority to utilise their talent and energy for nation-building, he added.
The prime minister said that as representatives of the Central government, the new recruits should focus on capacity-building to perform their roles and duties.
Modi said that the Karmayogi Bharat technology platform was also launched on Tuesday, and informed about the availability of many online courses for government officials.
He emphasised a special course designed for government employees called Karamyogi Prarambh and urged the new appointees to make the most out of it.
Citing its benefits, the Prime Minister said that it will be a great source for their skill development as well as benefit them in the days to come.
The Prime Minister also said that, as per experts, India has become a major force in the service sector and soon it will be the manufacturing hub of the world too.
Highlighting the new opportunities created by measures in sectors ranging from startup to self-employment and space to drone, Modi said 80,000 startups are providing the youth opportunity to showcase their talent.
“Drones are being increasingly used in medicine, pesticide, and mapping in the Svamitva scheme and in the defence sector. This is creating new jobs for the youth,” he said.
Recalling the launch of India’s first space rocket by the private sector in India a few days ago, the prime minister lauded the decision to open up the space sector thereby creating employment opportunities for India’s youth. He also mentioned the 35 crore plus Mudra loans that have been sanctioned.
Urging the appointees to make the most of the new opportunities that are presented to them, Modi said, “These appointment letters are only the entry point that opens up a world of growth”.
The Prime Minister asked the appointees to share their experience of online training and provide constructive feedback to improve the Karmayogi Bharat platform
What is Rozgar Mela?
- Rozgar Mela is an employment fair organised for maximum employment generation for the youth in India.
- The Rozgar Mela is expected to act as a catalyst in furthering employment generation and providing meaningful opportunities to the youth for their empowerment as well as direct participation in national development.
- Earlier in October, 75,000 appointment letters were handed over to newly inducted appointees under the Rozgar Mela.
- In addition to the categories of posts filled earlier, posts of teachers, lecturers, nurses, nursing officers, doctors, pharmacists, radiographers and other technical and paramedical posts are also being filled.
- A significant number of posts are being filled by the Ministry of Home Affairs in various Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).