The Union Public Service Commission on Wednesday announced that it has decided to conduct the Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2021 as per schedule i.e. on January 7, 8, 9, 15 and 16. It said that decision was taken after carefully reviewing the situation prevailing due to the COVID-19 pandemic,
Keeping in view the restrictions/curbs being imposed by the governments to contain the disease, the Commission has requested the state governments for ensuring that no inconvenience is caused to the candidates/ examination functionaries in their movement, especially who are coming from containment / micro-containment zone(s) and if necessary, the candidates’ e-Admit Cards and ID Cards of the examination functionaries are to be used as movement passes.
The UPSC urged state governments to make public transport operational to the optimum level, at least on a day before the examination till the date of conduct of the examination i.e. from January 6 to 14 to 16 for ensuring smooth movement of the candidates/examination functionaries.
UPSC Guidelines to be followed by all the competent district authorities and the venue supervisors for conduct of the examinations during the pandemic:
1. Personal hygiene of the candidates/examination functionaries
2. Maintenance of social distancing and wearing of masks by the candidates/ examinations functionaries all the time
3. Provision of sanitizers at convenient places in the Venue and to the examination functionaries
4. Candidates to carry their own sanitizers in transparent bottles
5. Sanitization of each Venue on regular basis
6. Two surplus examination rooms for accommodating the candidates who would be coughing, sneezing, having breathlessness, feeling feverish so that they can take the Examination under appropriate safety protocols etc.