By A Staff Reporter
IMPHAL| June 12
Die-in-harness Association Aducation (S), an association formed by beneficiary applicants under die-in-harness scheme in education department strongly condemned state government’s alleged failure to absorb none of the beneficiary applicant.
Talking to media persons at Manipur Press Club today, advisor of the association, OinamHemanta said that none of the beneficiaries under the scheme in the department for the post of Grade III and Grade IV has been absorbed since 2006.
Currently more than 700 applicants are pending without no process of their documents since 2006 while beneficiaries in other departments have been absorbed, complained Hemanta.
The scheme was abolished for the time being from June, 2002 till it was reopened in December 2006 with the reservation of the scheme of 5 percent against vacant post advertisements, he said.
He said that the reservation percentage was increased with 10 percent in April 2011, again 20 percent as per government’s policy of one time absorption in April 2016.
However till today, none of the applicant, a total of above 700 from 2006 has been absorbed, he complained.
The association submitted memorandum three times to the chief minister, but no positive response is coming so far, he said.
The association set June 18 as the deadline for a positive response from the government with the assurance of absorbing 50 percent of the applicants. If the government fails to do so the association will launch various democratic forms of agitation, Hemanta warned.